Re: New draft -- IPSEC ESP

Bob,

	Sorry about the AH references in the ESP document!  As you can see,
we tried to avoid needless differences between the two, but I guess we went
too far sometimes!

	As for the location of the IV, yes, I envisioned that it be at the
beginning of the payload section.  A previous internal draft said just
that, but chastened by Bill's remarks about padding being an
algorithm-specific feature, I made the ESP spec ambiguous and shifted the
burden to the algorithm application documents.  I'm happy to move it back,
since all of my experience suggests having an explicit IV up front, but the
intent was to defer to the algorithm documents to permit the greatest
possible flexibility.

Steve