Your DES/3DES drafts

Bill,

Can  you explain the wording in the Security Considerations section of your
drafts:
(at the end of the second paragraph)

>   ered cryptographically strong.  In this situation, user or connection
>   oriented integrity checking is needed [RFC-1826].

Why "connection oriented"?  I didn't see anything in RFC 1826 about
connection oriented integrity.  In an IP environment, I would expect
to see (strong) "connectionless integrity".  Especially since the
previous sentence mentioned ICMP and UDP, which are not connection
oriented protocols.

-Bob