AH/ESP loose ends

Karen Seo writes:
> 1. In a private message, someone raised the concern that some routers
>    may move and/or insert IP options, e.g., for 4-byte alignment.  If
>    so, this would conflict with the use of AH.  Can anyone confirm or
>    deny this rumor?

This was discussed extensively two years ago and nobody could come up
with a supporting example, so the argument was discarded.  In nearly
two years of fielding and testing IPSEC-speaking products, I've never
seen any such problem.
--
Karl Fox, servant of God, employee of Ascend Communications
655 Metro Place South, Suite 370, Dublin, Ohio  43017   +1 614 760 4041