RE: ISAKMP Oakley resolution and ipsec doi document questions

I am confused. If port is 500 only, why are
we specifying it at all. It looks like this port
has nothing to do with identification.

Let me try to understand. If I implement ISAKMP
and not want to use port 500, but say use port
2000, could I use the port field to indicate to the
receiver that the reply must be sent to port 2000
(I do not think this is the case, because the first
message of main mode exchange does not include
ID at all).

Baiju