Re: A little social engineering

Rich Graveman writes:
> However, even having read the last two days' comments about performance,
> I think we should take time to consider DESX, which also appears to have
> the advantages above at single DES performance.

If I remember correctly DESX just "whitens" DES with a repeated XOR of
each block against a static key value. My gut instinct is that I don't
trust that much. I think of it as multiple encryption of DES and a
repeated XOR pad, and certainly given that the repeated XOR pad alone
is completely trivial to break, I'm not sure why I would trust the
combination of DES with a trivial algorithm...

Anyway, it doesn't give me comfort.

Perry