Re: ISAKMP encryption choices?

In message <199706201835.LAA03809@sirius.cs.pdx.edu>, "Todd D. Ellner" writes:
> Given the recent events in the Senate this entire discussion
> may soon become moot. The Kerrey/McCain bill (SB909) has
> REPLACED ProCODE as of last night. Mandated weak encryption,
> warrantless key recovery, only government approved algorithms,
> the whole nine yards.

I don't know why we keep having to say this, but:

SOME OF US ARE OUTSIDE THE USA.

That means we can develop products (and standards!) with strong crypto, and
without key recovery, despite the foolish decisions of your politicians.

We have our own politicians to worry about, but that's a different story.

--
Harald Koch, A Canadian in Canada...

Follow-Ups: References: