How to negotiate key length with ISAKMP?

With CAST (and RC5, and ARCFOUR...) we are going to want to negotiate key
length.  I think that we need another Attribute Class in the DOI document.
Looking at draft-ietf-ipsec-ipsec-doi-02, I think we'd need to add Attibute
Class 12, "Key Length".

Is this how this should be handled?  Is there a better way?  Comments?

Please assume for the moment the set of key lengths proposed in the CAST
and other documents are acceptable.  I don't mean to start a "how long
should my key be" debate.

>From: "Edward A. Russell" <erussell@ftp.com>
>To: "'Rodney Thayer'" <rodney@sabletech.com>
>Subject: Negotiation Key Length
>Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 11:17:04 -0400
>
>Evidence indicates that key length is specified by the transform draft.
>We would want an ISAKMP attribute associated with the transform which
specifies
>key length.  The attribute would be optional, and the transform draft
>MUST specify a default key length to be used when key length is
>not specified during ISAKMP negotiation.
>
>Excerpt From Resolution Document - Appendix B
>
>    When a service (such as an IPSEC  transform) utilizes ISAKMP to generate
>   keying material, all  encryption algorithm specific details (such as key
>   and IV generation,  padding, etc...) MUST be defined by that service.
>   ISAKMP does not  purport to ever produce keys that are suitable for any
>   encryption algorithm.  ISAKMP produces the requested amount of keying
>   material  from which the service MUST generate a suitable key.
Details, such
>   as weak key checks, are the responsibility of the service.
>
>Excerpt from ISAKMP draft - section 1.4.1 Security Associations and
Registration