Re: New IDs for workgroup

More ciphers:

draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-desx-derived-iv-00.txt
draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-arcfour-00.txt

And I did remember correctly that there was an 3DES, I had just lost my
copy.  That will be coming out.

I should point out that some of the cipher documents are very short, and
there is very little difference between the two auth documents.

For now, their separateness should facilitate discussion/refinements.

I suspect that a large number of these will all be done at the same time.
Consider the value of publishing anthology RFCs.  I can think of good
reasons either way; I tend toward separate RFCs.  Alternatively, we can
follow the IANA MIME submission method, where most MIME types never come
out as RFCs, rather they are published by IANA on their web site only and
MIME programers have to know to go there.  I have seen MIME definition
papers longer than the ARCFOUR cipher document.  Of course, there is
probably two to three magnitude fewer ciphers than MIME types.

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation
(810) 758-8212