Re: SPI orthogonality

>The last time I asked this question, it was as a result of
>inconsistencies between the IPsec and ISAKMP drafts.  The response was
>that the IPsec draft was in error (and would be modified).  SA's are
>indexed by SPI/Remote Address/Protocol triplets.

That is correct.  FWIW though, I also know of several implementations that
treat the SPI-space as a single namespace and I do not believe that there
are any operational problems with doing so.  I defy an outside observer to
determine whether this is or is not the case...

Derrell

Follow-Ups: References: