Re: Padding

Unless the padding is random, I see little difference between padding with
zero and padding with a monitonically incrementing constant.  If there are
cryptographic concerns, they're both equivalent, aren't they?

While I understand the covert channel argument (being, in a past life, a
VSA for a C2 and B1 TCSEC OS), that's not really one of our (unwritten)
design criteria.  Covert channel analysis is way beyond the charter of
this working group.

Unless there are strong cryptographic reasons for choosing pseudorandom
pads, I would prefer to see it be zero.

Derrell