Re: New draft -- IPSEC ESP

   Date:     Tue, 22 Jul 97 11:17:36 EDT
   From: Karen Seo <kseo@bbn.com>

   Yes, the May ESP draft was xxx-04.txt.  My apologies if this was wrong.
   I realize this is confusing, but I had the impression that I wasn't
   supposed to change that number, that the IETF secretariat changed it
   when they issued it as an internet draft.  I believe the new ESP should
   be xxx-05.txt and the new AH should be xxx-06.txt.  (Ted, Bob, should I
   re-issue the drafts with these number changes to the mailing list and
   the IETF secretariat?)

Well, it looks like the IETF secretariat has taken matters into their
own hands and renamed the documents.  (I'm not sure why; not that it
matters.)  Assuming that they actually get them published in the next
day or two, I don't think it's worth bloating people's mailboxes to
re-send the draft just with a slightly different header.  Hopefully the
esp-04 header won't confuse too many people, and once the I-D gets
released, most people will probably be using the document found in the
I-D directories anyway.

						- Ted