Re: New draft -- IPSEC ESP

 > Mark,
 > 	My understanding is that the mandatory to implement cipher
 > algorithm, based on what the vendors are implementing and what they
 > tested at the ANX interoperability workshop, is represented by the I-D
 > draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-des-expiv-00.txt.   In other words, DES CBC with
 > an explicit IV.
 >
 > 							- Ted

Fine, I really don't care which it is.  Your statement is what I had
*thought* we were doing too.

Then I guess you're saying that the latest ESP draft has to get its
mandatory to implement reference (MS97) fixed.  Neither the authorship
nor the title of that reference matches your "des-expiv" reference
above, which is why I had asked if the *implicit" version is what the
new ESP draft was truly referencing.  draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-des-derived-00.txt
matches the MS97 reference for *both* authorship and title and is also
a very recent draft.

   -- Marc --