Auth algorithm measurement tools?

Hello!

Apart from the obvious:

	get_time()

	/* Run test */

	get_time_again()

	print_time_difference()

are there any good test harnesses for measuring algorithms like SHA-1 and MD5
out there?  Hilarie, I carboned you because I remember some time back you
mentioning explicitly your very good MD5 numbers for a DEC Alpha.

I've someone trying to get MD5 and SHA-1 running faster, and I'd like to keep
him on the algorithms, rather than writing test harnesses.  Obviously
memory-access instead of file-access is good, etc. etc. etc.

I may post this to sci.crypt, but I figure since we have a lot of
implementors and experimenters here, I might get a sufficient answer here.

Thanks a lot!
Dan