To quote Moskowitz on another list, with respect to ISAKMP:
    Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 10:20:45 -0400
    From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm3@chrysler.com>
    As co-chair I state that we will give the workgroup a reasonable
    (end-of-july) time to determine a direction, if not, the market decides
    this one.

Unfortunately, Bob forgot to tell the WG he had made this direction.

Another "gentlemans' agreement" was that only 3des-derived would be
published as output of this WG, since nobody had documented or tested
explicit IV for 3DES, and at least 2 vendors had shipped derived IV
based on RFC-1851.

However, certain folks just violated that agreement.  In response, I
will be posting CAST et alia with derived IVs.

WSimpson@UMich.edu
BSimpson@MorningStar.com