ISAKMP performance & phone switch capacity

Pat, I think you're missing part of the equation.  What is the call
setup rate of a Lucent 5ESS?  Yes, it's more than 6/second.  But can
it really setup 3000 calls per second?  I doubt it, particularly in
the configurations (number of CPU's) that a telco would be likely to
deploy.

Lucent doesn't appear to put detailed specifications on their WWW
site, and I don't really feel like calling their sales office...