Re: Derived versus Explicit IV

ozan s. yigit writes:
> it is my understanding that these issues are decided with rough consensus
> which i doubt chairman's opinions necessarily reflect. if i am mistaken
> someone should say so.

Being myself a WG chair, I quite agree, but I'd also like to point out
that achieving consensus has been very difficult in this group (and,
he said ducking, apparently historically not a priority).

For what it's worth, I cast my votestraw ballot on the side of
backward compatibility.  I've been shipping 1829 for two weeks shy of
two years now.
--
Karl Fox, servant of God, employee of Ascend Communications
655 Metro Place South, Suite 370, Dublin, Ohio  43017   +1 614 760 4041