Re: Directions for ESP and AH?

Fred,

  While I can't (and don't) speak for the current NRL gang,
there is still active IPsec development underway at NRL and
I anticipate ongoing releases from NRL for the next while.
I would not be surprised to see a future version of the NRL
code support the new transforms (once those become stable
and appear in RFC form).  I'm also aware of at least 2
independent IPsec efforts for Linux.  A lot of developers
are waiting for the "new" transform specs to appear as RFCs
before starting serious coding on them.

  That said, there is no requirement in the IETF for a
reference implementation and the existing NRL code,
while useful for some folks, is NOT the only freely
distributable implementation out there.

Ran
rja@inet.org