RE: PKCS 7 + PKCS 10 Proposal

Peter,

>----------

Since the last thing anyone would want to do is to annoy you, let me
highlight what I said (and what I did not say).  I did *not* say that
PKCS #7 excludes the dual-key model.  We all know that it allows
single-key and dual-key models.  What I *did* say, however, was that
this specific proposal fundamentally relies on a single-key model, as
evidenced quite clearly by the quote I gave from Section 5.1.1.2.  Yes,
this proposal is based on PKCS #7, but it does not allow the richness of
PKCS #7 in this respect because it assumes that a single key pair can be
used for signing and encryption.

Can we both agree with this without either party getting annoyed?

Carlisle Adams
Entrust Technologies
cadams@entrust.com

P.S., Any time you feel compelled to point folks to our web site for
product information, feel free to go ahead and do so.