Re: Internet Governance

> From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
>   I am not sure why you loath the cc: to the IETF list, but that is of
> little matter in the grander scope of things I feel.

Because the IETF list is about governing the IETF (and to a certain
extent, the IAB and IRTF), not the Internet.

Because the DNS is not the Internet, it is only one small part of the
technical and operational problems of the Internet.

Because we have already appointed very capable representatives to the
IAHC nee PoC, who individually showed dedication, honor and integrity,
and made one of the most incredible personal sacrifices of any effort
that I have seen in a decade of Internet experience.

Because, even while we may disagree with some of the specific results,
we know and trust our representatives, and are profoundly grateful that
they took up the burden on our behalf.

Because we know enough not to trust anyone who clearly doesn't yet have
a clue about the tao of the IETF.

Because we hate clueless off-topic multi-list posting.

WSimpson@UMich.edu
BSimpson@MorningStar.com