Re: SAs and SPIs

If we were only worrying about "external predators" we would only need
tunnel mode, not transport mode, and I think there is a lot of interest in
transport mode.  For example there are people who want multiple layers of
security so that, e.g., one could have department-level security.  Also, it
was explicitly pointed out at the IPsec meeting last Friday that
connection-level IPsec is a requirement for parts of the community.