Re:

I believe current consensus is that replay is mandatory to implement for an
automatically keyed situation and mandatory to not attempt in a manual
keyed situation.

[by automatic I mean ISAKMP, by manual I really mean MANUAL, i.e. human
intervention and/or static configuration, not "out of band"]

At 07:47 AM 8/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I apologize in advance if this has already been covered
>in previous email exchanges but why isn't replay protection
>at the receiving end a MUST in non-manual keying situations?

Follow-Ups: References: