Ottawa IPsec Interoperablity Meeting - Sept 22nd

The AIAG and Timestep will run an IPsec Interoperablity Meeting (the word
'meeting' is important for customs, 'I am attending a meeting in Ottawa,
these systems are needed for my participation at the meeting') in Ottawa
Canada, September 22 - 25, 1997.

The meeting will be held at Newbridge's campus, providing the participants
with excellent testing facilities.  Timestep has checked with their
External Affairs group and have assured me that there is no problem for US
companies to bring their security code into Canada, do development, and
return it to the US.  I do not know about other countries.

The purpose of this workshop is to:

	Advance the state of IPsec products
	Ensure product availablity for the automotive industry's ANX project

Three activities will occur during this week:

Testing of IPsec and Oakley Interoperablity against a function matrix.
Validation of X.509 certificates against a cross-certified PKI.
VPN senario testing.

Documents will follow shortly for all three of these.  Vendors are
challenged to participate in all of these activities, as favorable results
are expected of any vendor that will want to sell to the automotive industry.

Each participating vendor will get their own network for testing.  Thus
Timestep has requested a responable count of participants soon for resource
planning.  The number of rooms used at Ottawa will be determined by the
number of participants.  They will be grouped by the type of testing they
are planning on doing.

Non-testing particpants are also welcomed.  But we need to limit them to
those that either will be of real assistance to the testers, or need to get
real close to the work for their own implementation of IPsec.  All
non-testing participants will be put into one room on one network.

Please send your emails about participation to me at rgm3@chrysler.com.
Include in the subject OTTAWA IPSEC so that my Eudora Pro will drop it into
a mailbox where I will not miss it!

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation
(810) 758-8212