Re: IPSEC and NAT

>From an implementor's view, NAT and IPsec are solving different problems.
I don't feel like IPsec is ignoring NAT, but the nature of the two  does
mean it's more than a trivial task to apply a combination of the
technologies.  I consider it a *feature* that we have IPsec (relatively)
stable enough that we all have time to think about NAT.  The development of
technically sound and cryptographically safe combinations of NAT and IPsec
will take some work, and is an opportunity for the vendor community and the
standards community to solve some interesting problems.

Trust me, I'm not ignoring NAT.  I have customers bugging me to work on it...