Re: rush to get spec out

Rodney Thayer wrote:

> I would rather explain how pigs can fly than explain why we are again
> delaying IPsec.

I'd just like to toss a comment out, and qualify it by saying that it
doesn't necessarily apply to the issue this reply was addressed to, so
much as to the tone of this reply. That said, here's my comment:

Avoiding further delay in moving the specification forward should *not*
be a justification for bad design decisions. There are some components
of the collective referred to as IPsec which will *not* be amenable to
change later. Now is the time to fix problems in these areas, regardless
of politics, current convenience, etc.

Scott