Re: manual keying and IPSEC conformance

Sorry for the late reply on this issue; I've been significantly behind
on my mail.

I'm afraid I disagree.

While I do not think manual keying will be used in significant ways in
large-scale production networks, I think that until we have a *lot*
more experience with isakmp we need to keep it in as a backup mode of
operation.

While my customers may not think they want it or may be confused about
whether or not it's a "security hole" (at worst, it's more rope the
user can use to hang themselves.. and it's nowhere near as dangerous
as many other things..), I know that I definitely want it in there so
that if two isakmp's absolutely fail to talk I have a better fallback
around than sending in the clear.

					- Bill