Re: A few observations about the replay issue

In message <v03102816b02b5d1e920f@[128.89.30.23]>, Stephen Kent writes:

> Consider
> the situation where the receiver fails to notify the sender that AR is
> enabled, (the requirement is a SHOULD, not a MUST) and thus the sender does
> not check for sequence counter overflow. If the sender transmits 2**32
> packets, then the receiver will begin rejecting packets, but the sender
> will not know why.

We've gone to a lot of trouble to include sequence numbers and replay
protection into the protocol specs. I should *expect* AR to be turned on
given its emphasis in the new specs.

So, If the sender rolls its sequence number, and the remote end starts
rejecting packets, the sender has an *excellent* idea why.

--
Harald