RE: IPsec and Oakley test items

>  Informational exchanges are protected by SKEYID_e and SKEYID_a. Section
>5.6 doesn't mention how an IV is generated to use with encryption nor does
>it mention where 'M-ID' in the HASH definition came from. The intent is that
>this is similar to a Quick Mode initiation. A unique message id for this
>single message is chosen and it is used to generate an IV ala Quick Mode.
>Once this message is sent all the state associated with it-- the IV, the
>message id, plus whatever else your implementation chooses to generate--
>is deleted. This is how it should be done.

Hi Dan,

I a little confused now.  For Info exchange (an example - a notify of a
failed QUICK_MODE) associated with a quick mode what M-ID do we use?
The M-ID associated with the quick mode (what we had previously done) or
generate a new unique ID.  Is the generation of a unique ID only for
'independent' Informational exchanges (assuming an ISAKMP SA has been
setup),  I hope so...

Thanks
Bye.
----
Greg Carter, Entrust Technologies
greg.carter@entrust.com
Get FREE 128-bit FIPS-140-1 Validated Crypto for the desktop
http://www.entrust.com/solo.htm