RE: ISAKMP/Oakley resolution draft question

>Is this correct?  If so, then how does one calculate the IV required
>for the first Quick Mode message after using Aggressive Mode, given
>that there will be no CBC output block from phase 1 (see appendix B)?

I can't comment on whether it is correct or not, but here is what I do:

I initialize the buffer which is supposed to be the last CBC block with
N bytes, where N is the Block size, of the phase one calculated IV
(using the method described in appendix B, 5th or 6th paragraph).  Then
my Quick Mode IV generation treats it as though it were the last CBC
block.  Since both sides know the value everything works out.

Bye.
----
Greg Carter, Entrust Technologies
greg.carter@entrust.com
Get FREE 128-bit FIPS-140-1 Validated Crypto for the desktop
http://www.entrust.com/solo.htm