Re: ID: draft-ietf-ipsec-ipsec-doi-03.txt

Derrell Piper writes:
> Karl,
>
> The current version of ISAKMP has a generalized variable length SPI, so a
> particular encoding format for the IPSEC DOI is no longer required.

Ok, that makes sense.

But since AH and ESP use 32-bit SPIs, does that then mean that we're
changing the ISAKMP bits on the wire?  If not, then presumably we
still need to pad the 32-bit SPIs into a 64-bit field in the ISAKMP
Proposal payload.  Where, then, do I go to find out how to do this SPI
padding?

--
Karl Fox, servant of God, employee of Ascend Communications
655 Metro Place South, Suite 370, Dublin, Ohio  43017   +1 614 760 4041