Slicing and dicing

While I'm on the subject of key material derivation,
draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-des-expiv-00.txt talks about comparisons with
possibly-weak keys, while isakmp-oakley-04 only mentions weak and
semi-weak keys.  They should be consistent.  Even better, they should
both point to a single place where an appropriate technique is
described.

Also, draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-des-expiv-00.txt says that

   [some document] describes the general mechanism to derive keying
   material for the ESP transform. The derivation of the key from some
   amount of keying material does not differ between the manually- and
   automatically-keyed security associations.

Does anybody know when this document will be available?  What else
should we use to find out what to use for the ANX testing, the
reference implementation?

Is that what everybody else does?
--
Karl Fox, servant of God, employee of Ascend Communications
655 Metro Place South, Suite 370, Dublin, Ohio  43017   +1 614 760 4041