3DES-CBC-MAC

IO-RES seems to assume we have a knowledge of 3DES-CBC-MAC, but doesn't
provide a reference for the used implementation.  Some of the other
drafts reference Schneier (IMO an unacceptable reference for an internet
draft) for DES-CBC-MAC.  However, we don't really have a well defined
method to create padding bits if the last block does not end on an 8
byte boundary.

Am I missing some reference in the docs?

Otherwise can someone please explain to the list what is typically done
here, and append that to the IO-RES draft?

ben