Re: Comments on ipsec-arch-sec-01.txt

> > Yes, it is, but I've been asked to not rule out BITS implementations that
> > take extraodrinary measures to compensate.
>
>   Perhaps its useful to note in more detail how much extraordinary effort is
>   required to get a BITS approach to work properly.  I suspect that most of
>   the BITS implementations won't go far enough to really make things work
>   properly.
>
>   Personally, I don't believe that the BITS approach is necessary given that
>   various vendors have already shipped stacks for Windows that include IPsec
>   and Microsoft has IPsec code being written for its stacks.  The historic
>   justification for the BITS approach was Microsoft systems.

Microsoft, Sun, HP, ...

If you seek to eliminate BITS implementations, then you will likely
'lock-out' several IPSEC vendors.  (Anyone who doesn't have access to
the source for the IP portion of the stack.)

--
Jim Thompson / Smallworks, Inc. / jim@smallworks.com
      512 338 0619 phone / 512 338 0625 fax