Re: [Ottawa bakeoff feedback] problem with ESP Padding

(Description of padding change removed for brevity...)

> This will of course break all the ESP implementations that support the
> current draft.

Not to mention anything that implements RFC 1829 style ESP, where
the Pad Length byte itself has always been excluded from Pad Length,
AND where the padding itself is "implementation dependent (preferably
random)".

Personally, I'll deal with whatever way it winds up being.  Still,
I honestly can't believe that something this fundamental is changing
at this late a date.

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: smamros@newoak.com