RE: comments on Oakley test items

Hi Doug,

>Section 4.8 of ISAKMP-08 shows the values included in an Informational
>Exchange (notify or delete). This includes an ISAKMP Header (containing
>the M-ID) and the Notify Payload, described in section 3.15. This
>payload includes DOI, P-ID, and SPI. The data portion of the message is
>DOI specific (and you're right that DOIv3 doesn't have anything
>extra). The Message Type field gives the details of the message.
>
>Maybe I'm missing your point, but what isn't there that you need? Is
>there something that needs to be added to the ISAKMP draft or is it
>needed in the DOI draft?

The header of the ISAKMP info exchange now uses a unique M-ID to get
around IV sync problems.  Therefore there is no correlation between the
M-ID of the Quick Mode which is being rejected and the M-ID in the
Information exchange hdr.

In some situations a Quick Mode may be rejected before SPI/P-ID values
are learnt, therefore having a way to specify the M-ID of the rejected
Quick Mode would be beneficial.
Bye.
----
Greg Carter, Entrust Technologies
greg.carter@entrust.com
Get FREE FIPS-140-1 Validated Crypto for the desktop
http://www.entrust.com/solo.htm