Re: Nonce lengths in ISAKMP messages

Sumit,

>      And, sections E.1 and E.2 of the same draft state that the
>      strength of the 768 bit and 1024 bit MODP groups is 26.
[...]

26 is an identifier for the group description property "strength of
group", not an actual value of this property for any particular group.
(I think it's called an "attribute class value", but my standardese may
well be wrong.) The actual strength of a particular group is listed
in that group's descriptor under the "Data (hex)" subheading of the
"Strength of group" heading. So for example Well-Known Group 1 (the
768-bit MODP group) has strength 0x42 --- 66 in decimal.

I had the same confusion when I first read Appendix E.

-Lewis