Re: change in isakmp/oakley

  Hugo,

> >   Is the (non)mixing of Ni and Nr in encryption mode authentication broken
> > or does it just reenforce the brokenness of certain (as yet unnamed) prfs?
>
> It may be closer to the latter, but still a MUST to fix.
> You have no "right" to give future implementations a rope to
> hung themselves..

  I'm not claiming a right to anything (except to own handguns and assault
weapons). In fact, I'm particularly agnostic on the whole issue-- which
just might be a first for me :-)

  But I haven't really seen a groundswell of support or opposition and that's
a bit disheartening. Can somebody out there in ipsec-land who gives a damn
either way speak up?

  I'm willing to change the draft if enough people say it's important. I'm
also willing to leave it alone and let people negotiate ROT-13 for encryption
and the futuristic-key-truncating MAC for authentication (using private use
attributes of course-- I wouldn't include them in the draft) if they're that
stupid.

  Speak up now, please.

  Dan.

---
Dan Harkins                                 |  E-mail:  dharkins@ipsec.com
Network Protocol Security, cisco Systems    |  phone:   +1 (408) 526-5905
170 W. Tasman Drive                         |  fax:     +1 (408) 526-4952
San Jose, CA 95134-1706                     |  ICBM:    37.45N, 122.03W
U.S. of A.                                  |  http://www.beer.org/~dharkins
---
For your safety and the safety of others: concealed carry, and strong crypto.
---

Follow-Ups: References: