Re: SAs and SPIs

I don't support Tom Bartee's proposed changes.  I think the
current DOI is perfectly fine for commercial use and Internet use.
I don't want progress to be delayed further by more changes now.
"Release markings" are a rat hole that we could spend years
debating.  I'd prefer to not go there for now.

RFC-1825 had language that was minimally sufficient for the
MLS environment.  I'd suggest retaining that language in
the ARCH document -- only for those systems that claim to provide
MLS.  The previous language specifically said the MLS details
_weren't_ applicable if the implementation didn't claim
to provide MLS, which seems right to me.

I think the WG's primary obligation at this point is to get
documents that are "good enough" (where that is != perfect)
out as standards-track RFCs.

Ran
rja@inet.org