RE: Daemon Recovery

Hi Derrell,

You previously stated:

Ah, I see the confusion.  There isn't a separate DOI for ISAKMP.  You
say
that the message is directed at an ISAKMP SA if the message ID field
(back
in the generic ISAKMP header) is zero.

However below you state that new ISAKMP SA's are established, therefore
the notify would be protected under that SA.  If it is the Message-ID
field would be a random number for the IV seed/sync.

The protocol ID field in the notify payload should do the trick,
although you might want to add text that when sent for this message type
the SPI length and value should be zero (or ignored).

If you want to specify that only ISAKMP SAs were lost send protocol ID
== PROTO_ISAKMP, if you want to specify all set it to 0 or define a new
value PROTO_ALL?

Having said that I am fine with the interpretation meaning 'purge all'
and not interpreting the protocol ID field of the notify payload.
Bye.
----
Greg Carter, Entrust Technologies
greg.carter@entrust.com
Get FREE FIPS-140-1 Validated Crypto for the desktop
http://www.entrust.com/solo.htm