Re: proposed changes to ISAKMP/Oakley

  Derrell,

> Would you also entertain the notion of mandating that the SA payload be
> first in all Phase I exchanges?

  It may get terribly bored. I'm not much of a host. :-)
In section "5. Exchanges" right before "5.1 ISAKMP/Oakley Phase 1...."
I'll add:

	"The SA payload must precede all other payloads in a phase 1
	 exchange".

In section "5.6 Phase 2 - Quick Mode" I'll change:

	"In Quick Mode, a HASH payload MUST immediately follow the
	 ISAKMP header."
	"In Quick Mode, a HASH payload MUST immediately follow the
	 ISAKMP header and a SA payload MUST immediately follow the HASH."

To clear up any confusion on the hash payloads of Quick Mode I also added
the following paragraph after the definition of HASH(1-3):

	"With the exception of the HASH, SA, and the optional ID payloads,
	 there are no payload ordering restrictions on Quick Mode. HASH(1)
	 and HASH(2) may differ from the illustration above if the order of
	 payloads in the message differs from the illustrative example."

  Dan.