Re: What do you do in case of initiate collisions?

  Shin,

> > >   >We're running into a bit of a problem and haven't found any specific
> > >   >answers.  Basically, we need to know how people are resolving the
> > >   >problem where two systems start overlapping exchange sessions to
> > >   >each other (the cross in the mail syndrome).
> > >   >
> > >   >It looks something like this
> > >   >
> > >   >A ----> B         (A initiates a session with B)
> > >   >A <---- B         (B initiates a session with A)
> >
> > Can A simply assume that B is responding?
>
> If the request packet from B proposes two or more
> transforms, how should A respond to the "response"?

He should respond the same way as if this message from A was the only one.
Depending on the proposal #'s in the SA you decide whether it's a logical
AND or a logical OR of the transforms and select accordingly.

The fact that A is simultaneously initiating with B will also not impact
this one bit. Each side chooses a M-ID to identify the transient state
that a Quick Mode entails. A knows that the first message from B is, in
fact, a new initial request and not a response to his initial request.
The two exchanges progress independently.

  Dan.

Follow-Ups: References: