Re: draft of the ISAKMP/Oakley draft

I think you've got the patent situation backwards.  It's GF[2^n] that
is unencumbered.

The available performance information indicates GF[2^n] can be exceedingly
fast; I've not seen anything documenting comparable performance gains
for GF[p].

The GF[2^N] arithmetic is not a killer ... who can object to shift and XOR?

Hilarie