RE: Extended authentication with ISAKMP/Oakley draft

Roy, I haven't read your draft (yet).
I agree with placing the SecureID and alike mechanisms
together with the Phase1 authentication.
Just one comment on your remark about using aggressive mode:

> The only reason that MainMode was chosen was because it encrypts the
> authentication exchange.  If you don't mind sending user names and
> passcodes in the clear, then you may use Aggressive Mode.  But I don't
> think people should do that.

Notice that one advantage of the public key encryption mode of
authentication is that it allows to encrypt the above information
also in Aggressive Mode.

Hugo