Re: Cookie exchange

Sorry about the HTML in my previous e-mail.
--------

There's something in the ISAKMP draft version 8, that puzzles me:
Section 4.3:
"Additionally, none of the examples include an initial exchange of ISAKMP
Headers (containing initiator and responder cookies) which would provide
protection against clogging (see section 2.5.3)."

How do I interpret this?  Does it meant that before doing, say, an Id
protect exchange, cookies could be exchanged as described in the Oakley
draft?  So, the first message in an Id protect exchange could contain both
the intiator and responder cookies?  Are there implementations out there
that actually work this way?

Thanks,

Sumit A. Vakil
3Com, Corporation