RE: some issues about IPSec

> As a very simple view, when your using your modem, most of the time is not
> spent with the tx/rx lights flashing constantly (full bandwidth
> utilization), most of the time is spent waiting for responses (which is
> where the bottleneck is).

I respectfully submit that your implementation has problems.  I've seen
plenty of (BITS) IPSEC implementations that will run (99%) as fast as
the transforms will run on any given platform.

>Usually ISP bandwidth is oversold, which removes the bottleneck even
>further from the modem.

Depends entirely on your ISP as to if you notice any effect from this.
This subject is also entirely non-ipsec related.

Jim