Re: some issues about IPSec

A couple of questions.

Security:

Does policy require me to protect my data As-Soon-As-Possible ?

Efficency:

Is it more efficient to apply my cryptographic transform to as large
a chunk of data as possible ?

Do I wish to ensure all packets arrive before applying my
cryptographic transform ?

Do I wish to minimise the number of bits on the wire ?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, then it seems reasonable
that Transport mode would be required on hosts.

So, if we want to ensure interoperability Transport mode needs to be
mandated for hosts.

Elfed
 "The views expressed above are entirely  those of
the writer and do not represent the views, policy or
understanding of  any other person or official body."

Elfed T. Weaver
DERA
Malvern
UK