Re: some issues about IPSec

...talking about denial-of-service attack on the ISAKMP/IPsec - I came up
with very easy one.

ISAKMP main mode authenticates users in it's third exchange, after very hard
work of negotiation and doing Diffie-Hellman (exponentiation!!) and deriving
secret keys during previous two exchanges.

And only in the third exchange, after verifying signatures, CRL and
certificate chain (more exponentiation!!) my fake ISAKMP session will be
rejected.

This attack is especially possible against SGWs that will authenticate "road
warriers" - for whom SGWs will not have permanent IP addresses in its SPD
and will rely on the main mode exchange to authenticate them before
rejecting the session.

--
Bronislav Kavsan
IRE Secure Solutions, Inc.