RE: SKEYID lengths and IVs

Hi,
For a keyed hash function such as MD5 the SKEYID is the length of the
output, ie 128bits which is an acceptable key length for keyed hashes
and so SKEYID can be used as a key input to generate SKEYID_d etc...

However for prf functions such as 3DES the key needs to be 192 bits but
the output of 3DES prf is only 64bits so SKEYID needs to be expanded to
be used as a key to the next prf (SKEYID_d...).

For IV of phase two treat the blob generated from the hash of the DH
public values as the "last CBC block" and then apply the method
described in the appendix.
Bye.
----
Greg "Geek Spice" Carter, Entrust Technologies
greg.carter@entrust.com