RE: L2TP + IPSEC question

That's a good point.  We looked at this dilemma a while back and went
with only IPSec tunneling.  L2TP is good for when you have other
protocols other than IP, but that doesn't happen too often anymore.

With IPSec tunnelling you can accomplish almost everything that the
layer 2 (L2F, PPTP, L2TP) protocols can and you have real security.