Re: Generic CBC-MAC specification

At 10:12 PM 2/10/98 -0800, Daniel Harkins wrote:
>  The I-O resolution draft currently references Applied Cryptography
>for CBC-MACs. That was said to be inadequate and I'm merely trying
>to address the criticism. If most people feel that Applied Cryptography
>is enough then I'll just leave it as it is. And I guess the burden is
>on those who think it isn't enough since this involves a change.

I might point out that draft-bitan-auth-des-mac-00.txt references the
DES-MAC algorithm from:

       [Kaufman95] Kaufman, C., Perlman, R. and Speciner, M., "Network
       Security: Private Communication in a Public World", PTR Prentice Hall,
       Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1995. ISBN 0-13-061466-1

Robert Moskowitz
ICSA
Security Interest EMail: rgm-sec@htt-consult.com