Re: Regrouping for IPSEC WORKING GROUP LAST CALL

Question to the working group:

Should we remove the EC groups altogether and defer these issues to
IPSECOND?

I am certainly not an expert in this field, but my understanding is that
each EC group can have radically different properties of speed,
security, and patent encumberances (if you want to do computations in
that group efficiently).  Hence, it is not as simple as picking some an
RSA key length, where a bigger RSA key is better than a shorter length
RSA key.

It's not clear to we that we can do justice to all of these complex and
inter-related issues during the working group last call.  Sounds to me
like we might want to defer this issue.  What do others think?

						- Ted

Follow-Ups: References: